Inventory has hit a 4 year low, buyers are looking for the right house and many times competing in multiple offer situations. So how do you make sure you sell your house faster and for more money in 2012?
1. Clean up the yard for curb appeal.
2. De-clutter and clean the house. Look at other homes for sale online and it will become very clear what looks good and what looks cluttered.
3. Paint the outside – especially porches and the front of the house if you’re just doing touch ups.
4. Paint the inside and pick neutral colors.
5. Price your home to the middle of the suggested market sales price range in your CMA. This can often get you multiple offers or at least an offer quicker which can save you thousands or tens of thousands in negotiations and repairs at the end of the day.
If your wondering about cost I think that most of my clients can get a house in GREAT shape for less than $5,000. If you’re willing to do most of the work yourself that number can go down dramatically but don’t delay getting on the market since that might cost you more at the end of the day.