I had the pleasure of attending Dr. Bill Conerly’s presentation this morning at the MAC in Portland. I you want to know how the economy, interest rates, and housing is going to do in 2014 then Bill is a good guy to know.
I’ll recap the highlights and you can read Bill Conerly’s latest report in full here
1. Businesses are spending money on energy and cost saving for the future.
2. Interest rates are going to be 5.3% by 2015.
3. Oregon still needs to build more homes and apartments to handle population growth.
4. Risk of recession is around 16%. If it happens it will affect exports and goods this year. If it happens next year it will affect housing and auto sales.
5. Federal debt will continue to grow because of entitlements such as Medicare and Social Security.